Some of the most valuable lessons about Brand Story crafting I learned about 20 years ago (yikes!). By that time I was starting my life chapter as an Ad Account Executive. I started working a small Ad agency that tough me a lot. The thing is that this agency was good at giving results out of pennies. Our mission was simply “to find the very best way to express an idea”. It was like a game: finding the right message, using the right words, the matching and harmonic tone, in the most suitable order. Simply, right?
Oh well! From our quarantine quarters to yours, here are my Two Cents for rethinking your Brand Story:
- Must be and sound genuine. People indeed like good stories. Just remember, they are not gullible. If you are faking it they will know.
- When crafting the message, remember the game in the first paragraph: finding the right message, using the right words, the matching and harmonic tone, in the most suitable order.
- Get inspiration and do research in unlikely places. It may come from a song, talking to your spouse, a movie, other industries, story time with your kids, politics, Church service, just regular conversations with people. Literally from anywhere.
- An image is worth more than thousand words. True, however I have also seen an insightful idea become powerful enough without any aid image. Don’t underestimate the power of a good font over a white canvas. (Black may work too)
- Practice will make us better at it. Start with emails, text messages, social media posts, journal, your blog…
If you enjoyed this post, like it comment or even share. Be safe friends and take advantage of the quarantine!